The information shared in this group is not a substitute for medical treatment or advice, and should not be used in place of a visit, call, consultation, or advice of your physician or other health care professional. This group does not recommend the self-management of health problems. Should you have any health care related questions, please call or see your physician or other health care provider promptly. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have seen in this group.
The information shared in this group is compiled from a variety of sources and group members (“Information Providers”). Neither Sharsheret, nor any Information Providers, shall be responsible for information provided herein under any theory of liability or indemnity. Sharsheret and Information Providers make no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, or completeness of the information.
Sharsheret and Information Providers cannot and do not warrant against human and machine errors, omissions, delays, interruptions or losses, including loss of data.
Tips for helping this Embrace community to thrive:
1. This is a support and information group for women living with advanced breast or ovarian cancer. Please do not use this page to promote any other issues or topics, including, but not limited to, political agendas, products, or fundraising campaigns.
2. There are women in this community who represent different ethnicities, religious affiliations, and sexual orientations, who may have language differences, and who may present different opinions and ideas. Please respect each other. Feel free to block, hide, or ignore someone’s post if you are uncomfortable. We want this to be an open, informative, validating, and uplifting experience for you. You may even learn something about yourself through the lens of another.
3. Sharsheret’s expertise is in Jewish issues, although we offer support to all.
4. We want to protect the privacy of all members of the Embrace community. To this end, all posts, comments, and discussion must remain confidential and kept within this community. Please do not share anything on your personal page, nor forward to non-members. As with all social media, please keep in mind that whatever you share on this page is in the public domain, and Sharsheret is not responsible if another group member discloses private information.
5. Although all the women in this Embrace group community are living with advanced cancer and you may share some commonalities, it is important to keep in mind that each woman is living with her own set of variables, including (but not limited to) age of diagnosis or recurrence, biology of the cancer, family history, genetic predisposition, life style, career, family composition, or support network. In light of this, feel free to share your medical experience or medical information that you have learned about, however, we ask that you don’t offer medical referrals or advice, or offer judgement on choices others have made.
6. Sharsheret believes that clinical trials and medical research is important for you to know about and to discuss with your treatment team. There may be instances where members in the Embrace community may post research studies, clinical trials, or information pertaining to metastatic breast cancer or advanced ovarian cancer. Understand that Sharsheret does not endorse any one study. We do know that this information is of particular interest to you and we will allow members to post this information when appropriate.
7. We want this to be a place where you can learn from each other without judgement, knowing that choices, lifestyles, and the role that spirituality plays in one’s journey is unique to each woman. We ask that you, too, keep this in mind when participating in conversations.
8. Sharsheret does not endorse or take responsibility for the content and ideas that you will find within the conversations. If we believe that there is content that is harmful, irresponsible, hurtful, or inappropriate for this community, we will remove that post.
9. Sharsheret reserves the right to terminate or limit your access to this page without notice or explanation.
10. If you have any concerns about any of the content shared in this group, please contact Sharsheret’s Senior Support Program Coordinator, June Mandeville, at [email protected], and we will explore this further.
11. Sharsheret is available if you want to go offline and speak with a member of the staff for additional and personalized support. Please feel free to contact June Mandeville at [email protected] to arrange for a one-to-one conversation and resources.