This February, join Sharsheret and Moishe House as we partner to educate residents about the importance of taking charge of their health. Learn about breast and ovarian cancer awareness, and the value of learning your family health history as it related to your cancer genetics for both men and women. Sharsheret has ideas for in-person and virtual programming, conversation starters, a how-to host your Sharsheret Teal or Pink Shabbat®, free resources including What You Need To Know and giveaways.
PROGRAM IDEAS AND EVENTS
Sharsheret will work with you one-on-one to identify a program (in-person/virtually) to host at your House. The following are some ideas to get you started.
- Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat®and Pink Challah Bake Coordinate a Shabbat or challah bake using Sharsheret’s step-by-step guide. Download our Pink Challah recipe cards or order them from Sharsheret.
- Host a Pink Drink Mocktails & Cocktails – Lead a virtual pink mocktails and cocktails event. Raise awareness and educate others about breast and ovarian cancer and encourage your peers to learn about their family cancer genetics history. Contact us for resources and some recipe ideas!
- Conversation Starters Request Sharsheret’s awareness conversation starters to enhance your Shabbat table discussions.
- Sharsheret Murals. Create banners with cut out hands or Sharsheret logos and have peers write a message, recognize someone important to you and mark the event in honor or in in memory of them.
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign – Empower your peers to learn about their family cancer history and DNA, speak with your parents and understand what you should be asking your doctor. Include Sharsheret’s Know The Facts, video message from Sharsheret’s genetic counselor and medical history chart.
- Sharsheret Pink Day – February 9, 2022 Wear your pink, post on Instagram and raise awareness breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
SHARSHERET RESOURCES, HOW TO GUIDES AND GIVEAWAYS
- Media Toolkit -2022 Download promotional and education memes for you to use on Sharsheret Pink Day 2022. Post on your social media and website. Need help with copy/text? Look for the Sample Copy for Pink Day resource. Don’t forget to tag @Sharsheretofficial.
- How To Organize A Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat® and Challah Bake
- Pink challah recipe card
- Challah baking insights
- Conversation starters
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
- Have The Talk brochure and family history chart
- Have The Talk posters
- Giveaways – mints, hand sanitizer, cell phone card holders, pens and more!
- Sharsheret Resources Booklet/Materials
- Virtual Programming – Upcoming and Past Events
Request materials, giveaways and resources with Sarah Eagle at [email protected]
For more information about the Moishe House Grant e-mail Jessica at [email protected].
Remember to tag us on Instagram @SharsheretOfficial
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO ORDER RESOURCES AND GIVEAWAYS
At Sharsheret contact Sarah Eagle, Outreach Program Coordinator, at [email protected]