Pink and Teal Shabbat is designed to educate women and men about the increased risk of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer among Jewish families, the measures they can take to protect their health, the impact of breast and ovarian cancer on the Jewish community and Sharsheret’s resources.
Organize a Pink and Teal Shabbat and raise breast and ovarian cancer awareness. Contact us to get started. We will work closely with you to create meaningful Shabbat programming. See our calendar of events to find a Pink and Teal Shabbat program near you.
Pink Shabbat Participants
Ahavath Achim Synagogue
Congregation Beth Shalom
Temple Beth Israel
Temple Israel of Natick
Berman Hebrew Academy
Beth Israel Congregation
Har Tzeon Agudath Achim
Temple Beth Ami
Temple Beth El
Fairlawn Jewish Center/ Congregation B’nai Israel
Temple Beth Orr
Chabad of Park Slope
Congregation L’Dor V’Dor
Temple Beth El of Bellmore
Temple Beth El of Patchogue
The Park Synagogue
Greenville Jewish Federation Community SPS
Congregation Sherith Israel
Temple Beth El
Agudas Achim Congregation
Temple Rodef Shalom
10 Tips For Your Successful Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat
- Designate a chair/s (include yourself!) and build a committee of 5-10.
- Check your community calendar to schedule a date.
- Reserve a space in a local synagogue or a private kitchen for your challah baking party.
- Download Sharsheret’s delicious and easy pink challah recipe.
- Work with us to create an online page for reservation.
- Publicize and invite friends with captivating flyers, emails, and Facebook posts.
- Contact your local news outlets to publicize.
- Invite a local breast cancer or ovarian cancer survivor to share her story. We can help find you fund a local speaker.
- Order free Sharsheret resources and giveaways.
- Decorate the room with teal/pink tablecloths, teal/pink napkins, pink challah, teal/pink drinks, and teal/pink desserts (e.g., cupcakes, jelly beans, watermelon).