Sharsheret Pink and Teal Shabbat
Pink and Teal Shabbat is designed to educate women and men about the increased risk of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer among Jewish families, the measures they can take to protect their health, the impact of breast and ovarian cancer on the Jewish community and Sharsheret’s resources.
Organize a Pink and Teal Shabbat and raise breast and ovarian cancer awareness on your campus. Contact us to get started. We will work closely with you to create meaningful Shabbat programming. See our calendar of events to find a Pink and Teal Shabbat program near you.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
10 Tips For Your Successful Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat
- Designate a chair/s (include yourself!) and build a committee of 5-10.
- Check your community calendar to schedule a date.
- Reserve a space in a local synagogue or a private kitchen for your challah baking party.
- Download Sharsheret’s delicious and easy pink challah recipe.
- Work with us to create an online page for reservation.
- Publicize and invite friends with captivating flyers, emails, and Facebook posts.
- Contact your local news outlets to publicize.
- Invite a local breast cancer or ovarian cancer survivor to share her story. We can help find you fund a local speaker.
- Order free Sharsheret resources and giveaways.
- Decorate the room with teal/pink tablecloths, teal/pink napkins, pink challah, teal/pink drinks, and teal/pink desserts (e.g., cupcakes, jelly beans, watermelon).
Sharsheret pink challah recipe
This program was made possible with support from: