Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Sharsheret Pink Day is a worldwide initiative spearheaded by students, communities and organizations. This year events are in person and virtual!
Individuals and students wear pink as a way to generate conversations; they engage in Tikkun Olam – repairing the world – through a wide range of educational and fundraising events. Join thousands of others sharing information about Sharsheret’s vital programs and services in person and on social media. You can make a difference!
As many individuals know someone directly affected, we ask that you be mindful of those participating in your programs as the day approaches. Feel free to contact Sharsheret directly for information on how you can provide support.
PROGRAM IDEAS AND EVENTS – There are so many ways to show your support and join our worldwide movement! Wear pink, host an event, post on social media and join our @Sharsheretofficial Instagram contest, and more!
Sharsheret’s campus liaison will work with you one-on-one to identify an event or program in-person or virtually best suited for your campus. The following are some ideas to get you started.
- Athletic Events – Lead a 3 on 3 basketball tournament, shoot-out contest, run/walk-a-thon (our pages connect to map my run, strava, etc.) zoom-ba or any athletic event on campus or at home using social media media and Sharsheret’s personalized pages.
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
Empower your peers to learn about their family cancer history and DNA, speak with your parents and understand what you should be asking your doctor. Include Sharsheret’s Know The Facts, video message from Sharsheret’s genetic counselor and medical history chart
- Sharsheret Cake Wars. Arrange a cake war competition where students compete to design and decorate cakes with a designated theme.
- Sharsheret Murals. Create banners with cut out hands or Sharsheret logos and have peers write a message about who Pink Day is in honor or in memory of and recognize someone important to you.
- Campus Sale. Organize a sale in your student union or on-line and have a percentage of the proceeds benefit Sharsheret. Ex. Bake sale, trunk show, tie dye masks, grilled cheese midnight midterm snack sale etc.
- Virtual Fashion Show. Host your very own in-person or virtual fashion show and get the community involved. Have a Sharsheret volunteer share her story.
- Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Pages. Coordinate a peer-to-peer fundraising event or awareness initiative using Sharsheret’s easy to use fundraising page on Sharsheret’s platform. We have a template email all ready for you!
- Caring Community Collection. Collect items for women facing surgery and treatment. Sharsheret will provide you with a list of suggestions and make sure to include Sharsheret resources. Distribute them at your local cancer center or hospital.
- Why All The Pink Presentation. Request and then present Sharsheret’s PowerPoint presentation.
- Media Toolkit -2023 Download promotional and education memes for you to use on Sharsheret Pink Day 2023 coming soon! Post on your social media and website. Need help with copy/text? Look for the Sample Copy for Pink Day resource. Don’t forget to tag @Sharsheretofficial.
- Instagram – Post on social media and tag @Sharsheretofficial, use #sharsheretpinkday2023 and check out our Sharsheret Pink Day gifs found via Instagram stories. Tag us and we will repost on our story!
- Send us info about your event – We want to post your Sharsheret Pink Day event on our website. Send us details about your event including: the type of event and name, date, location, a two line write-up about your program with links to any websites or social media and a contact person.
SHARSHERET RESOURCES, HOW TO GUIDES AND GIVEAWAYS
- Campus Poster
- Know The Facts Brochure
- Sharsheret Talking Points For Your Presentation
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
- Have The Talk brochure and family history chart
- Have The Talk posters
- Tips For A Successful Cake Wars Event
- Campus Giveaways – Order chapsticks, post-its, chip clips, pens and more!
- Sharsheret Resources Booklet/Materials
Set up a zoom meeting, request materials, giveaways and resources by emailing [email protected]
Remember to tag us on Instagram @Sharsheretofficial
GET STARTED – REGISTER YOURSELF, YOUR SCHOOL, ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY. SHARE YOUR INSTAGRAM USERNAME SO WE CAN TAG YOU TOO AND ORDER RESOURCES AND GIVEAWAYS.
SHARSHERET PINK DAY 2022 PARTICIPANTS
Colleges and Universities
Day Schools/High Schools/Youth Organizations