Wednesday, February 10th
Sharsheret Pink Day is a worldwide initiative spearheaded by students, communities and organizations. This year events are in-person and virtually!
Individuals and students wear pink as a way to generate conversations; they engage in Tikkun Olam – repairing the world – through a wide range of educational and fundraising events. Join thousands of others sharing information about Sharsheret’s vital programs and services in person and on social media. You can make a difference!
As many individuals know someone directly affected, we ask that you be mindful of those participating in your programs as the day approaches. Feel free to contact Sharsheret directly for information on how you can provide support.
PROGRAM IDEAS AND EVENTS – There are so many ways to show your support and join our worldwide movement! Wear pink, host an event, post on social media and join our @Sharsheret1 Instagram contest, and more!
Sharsheret’s campus liaison will work with you one-on-one to identify an event or program in-person or virtually best suited for your campus. The following are some ideas to get you started.
- Athletic Events – Lead a 3 on 3 basketball tournament, shoot-out contest, run/walk-a-thon (our pages connect to map my run, strava, etc.) zoom-ba or any athletic event on campus or at home using social media media and Sharsheret’s personalized pages.
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
Empower your peers to learn about their family cancer history and DNA, speak with your parents and understand what you should be asking your doctor. Include Sharsheret’s Know The Facts, video message from Sharsheret’s genetic counselor and medical history chart
- Sharsheret Cake Wars. Arrange a cake war competition where students compete to design and decorate cakes with a designated theme.
- Sharsheret Murals. Create banners with cut out hands or Sharsheret logos and have peers write a message about who Pink Day is in honor or in memory of and recognize someone important to you.
- Campus Sale. Organize a sale in your student union or on-line and have a percentage of the proceeds benefit Sharsheret. Ex. Bake sale, trunk show, tie dye masks, grilled cheese midnight midterm snack sale etc.
- Virtual Fashion Show. Host your very own in-person or virtual fashion show and get the community involved. Have a Sharsheret volunteer share her story.
- Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Pages. Coordinate a peer-to-peer fundraising event or awareness initiative using Sharsheret’s easy to use fundraising page on Sharsheret’s platform. We have a template email all ready for you!
- Caring Community Collection. Collect items for women facing surgery and treatment. Sharsheret will provide you with a list of suggestions and make sure to include Sharsheret resources. Distribute them at your local cancer center or hospital.
- Why All The Pink Presentation. Request and then present Sharsheret’s PowerPoint presentation.
- Media Toolkit – Download promotional and education memes for you to use on Sharsheret Pink Day 2021. Post on your social media and website. Need help with copy/text? Look for the Sample Copy for Pink Day resource. Don’t forget to tag @sharsheret1.
- Instagram – Post on social media and tag @sharsheret1, use #sharsheretpinkday2021 and check out our Sharsheret Pink Day gifs found via Instagram stories. Tag us and we will repost on our story!
- Send us info about your event – We want to post your Sharsheret Pink Day event on our website. Send us details about your event including: the type of event and name, date, location, a two line write-up about your program with links to any websites or social media and a contact person.
SHARSHERET PINK DAY – PINK CHALLAH BAKE WITH MANDYLICIOUS FEBRUARY 10 @ 8:00 PM EST
Raise awareness by making delicious pink challah on Sharsheret Pink Day! Join us as Mandy Silverman, Mandylicious: The Challah Guru (@mandyliciouschallah), teaches us how to make a special Mandylicious created Sharsheret-flavored challah. Prepare your dough in advance (recipe will be provided a few days in advance of the event), and we will stuff and shape the dough together to make beautiful and inspired pink challah. Suggested donation of $18. For more information, please contact Ellen Kleinhaus [email protected]. Click here to register.
SHARSHERET RESOURCES, HOW TO GUIDES AND GIVEAWAYS
- Campus Poster
- Know The Facts Brochure
- Sharsheret Talking Points For Your Presentation
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
- Have The Talk brochure and family history chart
- Have The Talk posters
- Tips For A Successful Cake Wars Event
- Campus Giveaways – Order mints, cell phone card holders, pens and more!
- Sharsheret Resources Booklet/Materials
Set up a zoom meeting, request materials, giveaways and resources by emailing [email protected]
Remember to tag us on Instagram @Sharsheret1
GET STARTED – REGISTER YOURSELF, YOUR SCHOOL, ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY. SHARE YOUR INSTAGRAM USERNAME SO WE CAN TAG YOU TOO AND ORDER RESOURCES AND GIVEAWAYS.
SHARSHERET PINK DAY 2021 PARTICIPANTS
Colleges and Universities
AEPhi-Arizona State University
AEPhi-Fairleigh Dickinson University
AEPhi-George Washington University
AEPhi-Long Island University, CW Post
AEPhi-New York University
AEPhi-Ohio State University
AEPhi-SUNY New Paltz
AEPhi-Texas A&M University
AEPhi-University of Arizona
AEPhi-University of Central Florida
AEPhi-University of Connecticut
AEPhi-University of Delaware
AEPhi-University of Florida
AEPhi-University of Iowa
AEPhi-University of Maryland
AEPhi-University of Massachusetts
AEPhi-University of Pittsburgh
AEPhi-University of Texas
AEPhi-University of Wisconsin
AEPhi-Wayne State University
Challah For Hunger-UC Berkeley
Hillel-Broward and Palm Beach
Hillel at Davis and Sacramento
Hillel-Franklin and Marshall College
Hillel San Diego
Hillel Torah North Suburban Day School
Hillel-University of California, Berkeley
Hillel-University of California, Santa Barbara
Hillel-University of Miami
Hillel-University of Pennsylvania
Sharsheret Club at Brandeis
UCLA Hillel – Jewish Pre-Health Society
UCLA – Challah For Hunger
Adat Ari El
Camp Kesem Miami
The Community Synagogue
Cross River Bank
Grand & Essex Market
The Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles
Kahal: Your Jewish Home Abroad
The Open Temple
The Payab Group
Phase One Foundation
Westside Jewish Community Center
YWCA Princeton Breast Cancer Resource Center
Day Schools and High Schools
Adat Ari El Day School
Akiba Academy of Dallas
Anne & Nate Levine Academy
Arie Crown Hebrew Day School
Ben Porat Yosef
Brauser Maimonides Academy
Bruriah High School
The Frisch School
Hadar High School for Girls
HAFTR High School
HAFTR Middle School
Hebrew Academy of Nassau County
Hewlett East Rockaway Jewish Center Nursery School
Ida Crown Jewish Academy
The Idea School
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
JT Connect – Jewish Teen Learning Connect
Katz Yeshiva High School of Boca Raton
The Leffell School
Lehrman Community Day School
Ma’ayanot High School
The Moriah School of Englewood
Naaleh High School
North Shore Hebrew Academy High School
Rabbi Pesach Raymon Yeshiva
Rae Kushner Yeshiva High School
RASG Hebrew Academy
Rosenbaum Yeshiva of North Jersey
SAR High School
Schechter School of Long Island
Shulamith High School
SKA High School for Girls
The Gerrard Berman Day School
Torah Academy of Bergen County
Yeshiva University High School for Boys
Yeshivat Or Chaim
YULA Boys High School
YULA Girls High School