Wednesday, February 12th
Sharsheret Pink Day is a worldwide initiative spearheaded by students and local community organizations. Participants save lives by raising awareness about breast cancer and cancer genetics. Individuals and students on campus wear pink as a way to generate conversations; they engage in Tikkun Olam – repairing the world – through a wide range of educational and fundraising events. Join thousands of others sharing information about Sharsheret’s vital programs and services. You can make a difference!
As many individuals know someone directly affected, we ask that you be mindful of those participating in your programs as the day approaches. Feel free to contact Sharsheret directly for information on how you can provide support.
PROGRAM IDEAS AND EVENTS – There are so many ways to show your support and join our worldwide movement! Wear pink, host an event, post on social media and join our @Sharsheret1 Instagram contest, and more!
Sharsheret’s campus liaison will work with you one-on-one to identify an event or program best suited for your campus. The following are some ideas to get you started.
- Campus Sale. Organize a sale in your student union and have a percentage of the proceeds benefit Sharsheret. Ex. Bake sale, trunk show, grilled cheese midnight midterm snack sale etc.
- Sport Tournament. Lead a 3 on 3 basketball tournament, hockey game or shoot-out, ping pong contest or any athletic event.
- Sharsheret Murals. Create banners with cut out hands or Sharsheret logos and have peers write a message about who Pink Day is in honor or in in memory of and recognize someone important to you.
- Caring Community Collection. Collect items for women facing surgery and treatment. Sharsheret will provide you with a list of suggestions and make sure to include Sharsheret resources. Distribute them at your local cancer center or hospital.
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
Empower your peers to learn about their family cancer history and DNA, speak with your parents and understand what you should be asking your doctor. Make sure you check-out our What I Need To Know About Healthy Living On Campus, get healthy recipes and learn ways to safeguard your health.
- Health and Education Fairs. Manage an information table to educate your peers. We will provide you with educational resources and giveaways. You may save a life!
- Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Pages. Create a fundraising page on Sharsheret’s platform to raise funds to support your event and Sharsheret’s programs and services. We have a template email all ready for you!
- Sharsheret Cake Wars. Arrange a cake war competition where students compete to design and decorate cakes with a designated theme.
- Why All The Pink Presentation. Request and then present Sharsheret’s PowerPoint presentation.
PROMOTIONAL TOOLS – Download and use Sharsheret Pink Day collaterals to help promote at your school.
- Instagram Giveaway Contest – One middle school, one high school and one college/university organization will be selected! Contest details to follow.
- Post on social media and tag @sharsheret1, use #sharsheretpinkday2020 and check out our Sharsheret Pink Day gifs found via Instagram stories. Tag us and we will repost on our story!
- Sharsheret Pink Day Logos
- Sharsheret Pink Day Flyers
- Send us info about your event – We want to post your Sharsheret Pink Day event on our website. Send us details about your event including: the type of event and name, date, location, a two line write-up about your program with links to any websites or social media and a contact person.
SHARSHERET RESOURCES, HOW TO GUIDES AND GIVEAWAYS
- New Campus Poster
- Know The Facts Brochure
- Sharsheret Talking Points For Your Presentation
- Sharsheret Crash Course and Toolkit – Everything you neede to know about running an event on your campus!
- What I Need To Know About My Health Living On Campus includes:
- Sharsheret healthy living guide
- My food grocery list
- Have the Talk® cancer genetics campaign
- What my family medical history looks like
- Questions to ask the doctor
- How To Organize A Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat® and Challah Bake
- Pink challah recipe card
- Challah baking insights
- Conversation starters
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
- Have The Talk brochure and family history chart
- Have The Talk posters
- Tips For A Successful Cake Wars Event
- Campus Giveaways – Order mints, cell phone card holders, pens and more!
- Sharsheret Resources Booklet/Materials
Request materials, giveaways and resources at [email protected]
Join the Sharsheret On Campus Facebook group and stay connected!
Remember to tag us on Instagram @Sharsheret1
GET STARTED – REGISTER YOUR SCHOOL, SHARE YOUR INSTAGRAM USERNAME SO WE CAN TAG YOU AND YOUR SCHOOL, AND ORDER RESOURCES AND GIVEAWAYS
SHARSHERET PINK DAY PARTICIPANTS
AEPhi-Arizona State University
AEPhi-Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
AEPhi-Fairleigh Dickinson University
AEPhi-George Washington University
AEPhi-Long Island University, CW Post
AEPhi-New York University
AEPhi-Ohio State University
AEPhi-University of California, San Diego
AEPhi-University of Central Florida
AEPhi-University of Delaware
AEPhi-University of Florida
AEPhi-University of Maryland
AEPhi-University of Massachusetts
AEPhi-University of Texas
AEPhi-Wayne State University
Aephi-University of Washington
AEPhi–University of Wisconsin, Madison
AEPhi-Washington University, St. Louis
Challah For Hunger-UC Berkeley
Challah for Hunger- UCLA
Challah for Hunger-University of Southern California
Hillel at Davis and Sacramento
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
Hillel-Florida International University
Hillel-University Of Arizona
Hillel-University of California, Davis
Hillel-University of Miami
Jewish Federation of Greater Santa Barbara
Jewish Pre-Health Society – UCLA Hillel
Massachusetts Institute of Technology – AEPhi
Orange County Hillel
Sha’arei Bina Torah Academy for Girls
Texas A&M University – Alpha Epsilon Phi
University of Arizona – Hillel
University of California, Santa Barbara – Hillel
University of Miami Hillel
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Yeshivat Reishit Yerusalyim
Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
Beauty & Balance a Hair Salon
BBYO – Pacific Western Region
Grand & Essex Market
Great Falls Bistro
Jewish Community Center of Columbus
Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley
Moishe House-SF NOPA
Phase One Foundation
The Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles
Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley
Westside Jewish Community Center
World of Goodies
YWCA Princeton Breast Cancer Resource Center
Ben Porat Yosef
Bishop Enlgand High School
Bruriah High School
Denver Academy of Torah
Fasman Yeshiva High School
Gerrard Berman Day School
Hadar High School for Girls
HAFTR High School
HAFTR Middle School
Hebrew Academy of Nassau County – High School
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
Lehrman Community Day School
Ma’ayanot High School
Maimonides Academy PTA
Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy
MTA – Yeshiva University High School for Boys
Naaleh High School
North Shore Hebrew Academy High School
Rabbi Pesach Raymon Yeshiva
RASG Hebrew Academy
Rosenbaum Yeshiva of North Jersey
SAR High School
Schechter School of Long Island
The Abraham Joshua Heschel High School
The Frisch School
The Leffell School
The Moriah School
Torah Academy of Bergen County
Yavneh Academy, Paramus, NJ
Yavneh Day School
Yeshivat Or Chaim
Yeshivat Torah V’Avodah
YULA Boys High School
YULA Girls High School
Adat Ari El
Adat Shalom Los Angeles
Chabad of Monterey
Congregation Or Ami
Temple Beth Am
Temple Beth Tikvah
Temple Sinai of North Dade
University Synagogue ECLC
Valley Outreach Synagogue and Center for Jewish Life
Women’s League of Sutton Place Synagogue