- This event has passed.
March 9, 2018
The Eighth International Jerusalem Winter Marathon – 5K, Half Marathon and Marathon
About Team Sharsheret
- Team Sharsheret is an athletic program supporting Sharsheret’s national breast cancer and ovarian cancer programs, to raise awareness and funds that benefit thousands of Jewish women and families. This is a great opportunity for students and young adults in Israel to strengthen their connections to Sharsheret and raise awareness among their peers.
- Team athletes train and participate in athletic races including marathons, half marathons, triathlons and ironman challenges.
What We Offer
- Special gift for the Team captain at your school or in your community.
- Flyers to promote the Team.
- Free Team Sharsheret t-shirt.
- Personalized fundraising page to help you meet your goal.
- Additional Team Sharsheret gear to wear to your next race if you raise $500 for the 5K/10K and $1800 for the Half Marathon/Marathon.
- A strong community of athletes to support you.
- The opportunity to raise awareness about Sharsheret internationally.
What We Ask of You
- Agree to create a fundraising page and raise funds for Sharsheret.
- Spread the word about the race and Sharsheret with your friends and family.
- Encourage your friends to race with you and raise awareness about Sharsheret.
Let’s Get Started
- Register as an individual on the Jerusalem Marathon website https://jerusalem-marathon.com/Register.aspx
- Set up your Sharsheret fundraising page. https://sharsheret.donorpages.com/JerusalemMarathon2018/register
- Let everyone you know that you’re running for Team Sharsheret!
About the Race
The event will include several tracks – marathon (42.2 km), half-marathon (21.1 km), 10 km race, 5 km race, family 1.7km race and an 800 m community race.
This is one of Israel’s largest marathons, with 30,000 participants of which hundreds are elite runners and runners from abroad. The various tracks pass by fascinating historical sites that illuminate 3,000 years of the history of Jerusalem, Israel’s capital. The International Jerusalem Winter Marathon combines physical endurance with exquisite landscapes, fresh mountain air and unique culture and heritage sites such as the Israeli Knesset, Machane Yehuda Marketplace, Mount Scopus, the Old City, David’s Tower, Haas Promenade and more.
It is guaranteed to be a challenging, thrilling and unforgettable experience for all runners.