Coordinate a Sharsheret Cake Wars event to raise breast cancer and ovarian cancer awareness on your campus. At this cake decorating competition, participants compete in teams to create the most creative and theme appropriate cakes. We will work closely with you to create a fun and memorable Cake Wars experience for students on your campus. As you begin, remember that teal is the color used for ovarian cancer awareness and pink is the color used for breast cancer awareness.
Take the Cake at Your Cake Wars Event!
- Assemble a team of 3-5 student leaders to chair the event and share responsibilities.
- Schedule the date of your event. Make sure it does not conflict with any other campus events.
- Reserve a central location on campus for the event.
- Determine space based on expected number of participants, table size, and check-in.
- Contact local sponsors to help with event costs and supplies – local bakeries, campus dining halls, and supermarkets.
- Purchase Cake Wars essentials – cakes, decorating tools, frosting, and toppings.
- Invite a local breast or ovarian cancer survivor to share her story. We can help find you a local speaker!
- Pick a theme for your Cake Wars such as school pride or Sharsheret Pink Day. Contact us for more ideas!
- Publicize your event and invite friends through social media, word of mouth, flyers, and e-mail blasts. Encourage friends to register as a team using a Google Doc to sign-up.
- Order free Sharsheret giveaways and educational materials.
- Celebrate the day
- Decorate the event space with colored tablecloths, napkins, and streamers. The more pink or teal the better!
- Begin the event with a welcome speech, introduce the judges and speaker, and give instructions.
- Allow 40 minutes of the event for cake decoration, announce the winners, and then eat!
- Take photos and videos and send them to Sharsheret to share nationally!
Contact us to get started.