Organize a Sharsheret Pink Shabbat and raise breast cancer awareness on your campus. We will work closely with you to create a fun and meaningful Shabbat for students on your campus.
10 Tips For Your Successful Sharsheret Pink Shabbat
- Designate a chair/s (include yourself!) and build a committee of 5-10 friends on your campus.
- Schedule a date for your Sharsheret Pink Shabbat program and challah baking party – make sure the dates do not conflict with other campus programs.
- Reserve a room for your program and a communal kitchen for your challah baking party.
- Download Sharsheret’s delicious and easy pink challah recipe.
- Design a Facebook Event page for easy student sign-up for your Sharsheret Pink Shabbat program and challah baking party.
- Publicize and invite friends with captivating flyers, e-mails, and Facebook posts.
- Contact your school newspaper and local news outlets to publicize your Sharsheret Pink Shabbat.
- Invite a local breast cancer survivor to share her story. We can help find you a local speaker.
- Order Sharsheret resources and giveaways for Sharsheret Pink Shabbat participants.
- On the day of your Sharsheret Pink Shabbat, decorate the room with pink tablecloths, pink napkins, pink challah, pink drinks, and pink desserts (pink cupcakes, pink jelly beans, watermelon).