Bring Sharsheret to your day school, high school or college campus!
Students on hundreds of campuses across the country are developing events and programs to raise awareness about breast health, genetics, breast cancer and ovarian cancer in Jewish families. Coordinate awareness events and remember to order our great giveaways and educational resources.
PROGRAM IDEAS AND EVENTS – Sharsheret’s campus liaison will work with you one-on-one to identify an event or program in-person or virtually best suited for your campus. The following are some ideas to get you started.
- Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat®and Pink Challah Bake – Coordinate a Shabbat or challah bake using Sharsheret’s step-by-step guide virtually or in-person.
- Athletic Events – Lead a 3 on 3 basketball tournament, shoot-out contest, run/walk-a-thon (our pages connect to map my run, strava, etc.) zoom-ba or any athletic event on campus or at home using social media media and Sharsheret’s personalized pages.
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign – Empower your peers to learn about their family cancer history and DNA, speak with your parents and understand what you should be asking your doctor. Include Sharsheret’s Know The Facts, video message from Sharsheret’s genetic counselor and medical history chart.
- Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Pages. Coordinate a peer-to-peer fundraising event or awareness initiative using Sharsheret’s easy to use fundraising page on Sharsheret’s platform. We have a template email all ready for you!
- Campus Sale. Organize a sale in your student union or on-line and have a percentage of the proceeds benefit Sharsheret. Ex. Bake sale, trunk show, tie dye masks, grilled cheese midnight midterm snack sale etc.
- Virtual Fashion Show – Host your very own in-person or virtual fashion show and get the community involved. Have a Sharsheret volunteer share her story.
- College Students & Sharsheret Cares Virtual Busy Box Videos – Create a video for Sharsheret’s virtual Busy Box video library for young parents.
- Sharsheret Pink Day – February 14, 2024 Raise awareness at school about breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Encourage the entire student body to wear something pink to show their support!
- Sharsheret Cake Wars. Arrange a cake war competition where students compete to design and decorate cakes with a designated theme.
- Health and Education Fairs. Manage an information table to educate your peers. We will provide you with educational resources and giveaways. You may save a life!
SHARSHERET RESOURCES, HOW TO GUIDES AND GIVEAWAYS
- Sharsheret Crash Course and Toolkit – Everything you needed to know about running an event on your campus!
- What I Need To Know About My Health Living On Campus includes:
- o Sharsheret healthy living guide
- o My food grocery list
- o Recipes
- o Have the Talk® cancer genetics campaign
- o What my family medical history looks like
- o Questions to ask the doctor
- How To Organize A Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat® and Challah Bake
- o Pink challah recipe card
- o Challah baking insights
- o Conversation starters
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
- o Have The Talk brochure and family history chart
- o Have The Talk posters
- Tips For A Successful Cake Wars Event
- New Campus Poster
- Campus Giveaways – mints, cell phone card holders, pens and more!
- Sharsheret Resources Booklet/Materials
- Social Media Graphics
- Campus Virtual Programming – Past Events
Request materials, giveaways and resources at [email protected]
Join the Sharsheret On Campus Facebook group and stay connected!
Remember to tag us on Instagram @Sharsheret1
Please complete the form below to download your toolkit