Sharsheret and Alpha Epsilon Phi Partnership
Alpha Epsilon Phi (AEPhi) National Sorority and Sharsheret are committed to educating and empowering thousands of women in AEPhi chapters and alumnae across the country. We emphasize the importance of learning one’s family cancer history and DNA. Teaching individuals about the signs and symptoms of breast and ovarian cancer and enabling young adults to take charge of their own health and in turn save lives. Together we help ensure that no woman or family has to face cancer alone. Get started and raise awareness on campus.
- Ellen Kleinhaus Director of Campus and Community Engagement, Sharsheret [email protected]
- Samantha Graham, AEPhi-Sharsheret Liaison [email protected]
PROGRAM IDEAS AND EVENTS – Sharsheret’s campus liaison will work with you one-on-one to identify an event or program best suited for your campus. The following are some ideas to get you started.
- Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat®and Pink Challah Bake Coordinate a Shabbat or challah bake using Sharsheret’s step-by-step guide.
- Sharsheret Pink Day – February 12, 2020 Raise awareness at school about breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Encourage the entire student body to wear something pink to show their support!
- Ribbons on the Runway. Host your very own fashion show and get the community involved. Have a Sharsheret volunteer share her story.
- Sport Tournament. Lead a 3 on 3 basketball tournament, hockey game or shoot-out, ping pong contest or any athletic event.
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
Empower your peers to learn about their family cancer history and DNA, speak with your parents and understand what you should be asking your doctor.
- Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Pages. Create a fundraising page on Sharsheret’s platform to raise funds to support your event and Sharsheret’s programs and services. We have a template email all ready for you!
- Campus Sale. Organize a sale in your student union and have a percentage of the proceeds benefit Sharsheret. Ex. Bake sale, trunk show, grilled cheese midnight midterm snack sale etc.
- Sharsheret Cake Wars. Arrange a cake war competition where students compete to design and decorate cakes with a designated theme.
- Health and Education Fairs. Manage an information table to educate your peers. We will provide you with educational resources and giveaways. You may save a life!
SHARSHERET RESOURCES, HOW TO GUIDES AND GIVEAWAYS
- Sharsheret Crash Course and Toolkit – Everything you needed to know about running an event on your campus!
- What I Need To Know About My Health Living On Campus includes:
- o Sharsheret healthy living guide
- o My food grocery list
- o Recipes
- o Have the Talk® cancer genetics campaign
- o What my family medical history looks like
- o Questions to ask the doctor
- How To Organize A Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat® and Challah Bake
- o Pink challah recipe card
- o Challah baking insights
- o Conversation starters
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
- o Have The Talk brochure and family history chart
- o Have The Talk posters
- Tips For A Successful Cake Wars Event
- New Campus Poster
- Campus Giveaways – mints, cell phone card holders, pens and more!
- Sharsheret Resources Booklet/Materials
Request materials, giveaways and resources at [email protected]
Let Sharsheret help you create a fundraising page on Sharsheret’s website for your event or initiative. Use our template email to encourage peers and family members to support your efforts.
Bring Sharsheret to your community and raise awareness about breast and ovarian cancer. Host an event and invite friends, family and other Phi’s or see if there is an event in your area.
Join our Young Professionals Circle, a program for professional young adults between the ages of 21-39. Through YPC, men and women are empowered to raise awareness about breast cancer and ovarian cancer. YPC hosts events nationwide affording young professionals an opportunity to network all within the context of exciting social events.
Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Kappa, Cornell University) – Sharsheret Honorary Advisory Board Member
Sharsheret Founder Rochelle Shoretz A”H (Alpha Iota)
Join the Sharsheret On Campus Facebook group and stay connected!
Remember to tag us on Instagram @Sharsheret1