Sharsheret and Alpha Epsilon Phi Partnership
Alpha Epsilon Phi (AEPhi) National Sorority and Sharsheret are committed to educating and empowering thousands of women in AEPhi chapters and alumnae across the country. We emphasize the importance of learning one’s family cancer history and DNA. Teaching individuals about the signs and symptoms of breast and ovarian cancer and enabling young adults to take charge of their own health and in turn save lives. Together we help ensure that no woman or family has to face cancer alone. Get started and raise awareness on campus.
- Ellen Kleinhaus Director of Campus and Community Engagement, Sharsheret [email protected]
- Samantha Graham, AEPhi-Sharsheret Liaison [email protected]
PROGRAM IDEAS AND EVENTS – Sharsheret’s campus liaison will work with you one-on-one to identify an event or program in-person or virtually best suited for your campus. The following are some ideas to get you started.
- Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat®and Pink Challah Bake – Coordinate a Shabbat or challah bake using Sharsheret’s step-by-step guide.
- Athletic Events – Lead a 3 on 3 basketball tournament (Phi-Hoops), shoot-out contest, phi-a-thon run (our pages connect to map my run, strava, etc.) zoom-ba or any athletic event on campus or at home using social media media and Sharsheret’s personalized pages.
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign – Empower your peers to learn about their family cancer history and DNA, speak with your parents and understand what you should be asking your doctor. Include Sharsheret’s Know The Facts, video message from Sharsheret’s genetic counselor and medical history chart.
- Peer-To-Peer Fundraising Pages. Coordinate a peer-to-peer fundraising event or awareness initiative using Sharsheret’s easy to use fundraising page on Sharsheret’s platform. Check out the Alpha Epsilon Phi page to see how your chapter is doing!
- Campus Sale. Organize a sale in your student union and have a percentage of the proceeds benefit Sharsheret. Ex. Bake sale, trunk show, grilled cheese midnight midterm snack sale etc.
- Ribbons on the Runway – Host your very own in-person or virtual fashion show and get the community involved. Have a Sharsheret volunteer share her story.
- AEPhi & Sharsheret Cares Virtual Busy Box Videos – Create a video for Sharsheret’s virtual Busy Box video library for young parents.
- Sharsheret Pink Day – February 10, 2021 Raise awareness at school about breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Encourage the entire student body to wear something pink to show their support!
- Sharsheret Cake Wars. Arrange a cake war competition where students compete to design and decorate cakes with a designated theme.
- Health and Education Fairs. Manage an information table to educate your peers. We will provide you with educational resources and giveaways. You may save a life!
SHARSHERET RESOURCES, HOW TO GUIDES AND GIVEAWAYS
- Sharsheret Crash Course and Toolkit – Everything you needed to know about running an event on your campus!
- What I Need To Know About My Health Living On Campus includes:
- o Sharsheret healthy living guide
- o My food grocery list
- o Recipes
- o Have the Talk® cancer genetics campaign
- o What my family medical history looks like
- o Questions to ask the doctor
- How To Organize A Sharsheret Teal/Pink Shabbat® and Challah Bake
- o Pink challah recipe card
- o Challah baking insights
- o Conversation starters
- Have The Talk® Cancer Genetics Campaign
- o Have The Talk brochure and family history chart
- o Have The Talk posters
- Tips For A Successful Cake Wars Event
- New Campus Poster
- Campus Giveaways – mints, cell phone card holders, pens and more!
- Sharsheret Resources Booklet/Materials
- Campus Virtual Programming – Past Events
Request materials, giveaways and resources at [email protected]
Together, the sisters of AEPhi and Sharsheret will raise awareness, save lives and help ensure that no woman or family has to face breast or ovarian cancer alone.
How can you help? Get started today!
Click here to set-up your chapter’s peer-to-peer fundraising pages to highlight your program and events. The impact you make by raising funds and awareness will support our programs and services to help the many women and families who connect with us every day!
|Emerson College – Ribbons on The Runway
|Phi Xi Chapter
|SUNY New Paltz
|University of Central Florida – Beta Zeta
Bring Sharsheret to your community and raise awareness about breast and ovarian cancer. Host an event and invite friends, family and other Phi’s or see if there is an event in your area.
Join our Young Professionals Circle, a program for professional young adults between the ages of 21-39. Through YPC, men and women are empowered to raise awareness about breast cancer and ovarian cancer. YPC hosts events nationwide affording young professionals an opportunity to network all within the context of exciting social events.
Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Kappa, Cornell University) – Sharsheret Honorary Advisory Board Member
Sharsheret Founder Rochelle Shoretz A”H (Alpha Iota)
Join the Sharsheret On Campus Facebook group and stay connected!
Remember to tag us on Instagram @Sharsheret1
Please complete the form below to get started and download your toolkit